Thread: Proposal: Hiller to Toronto
View Single Post
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
He was initially signed to Rochester and played 1 game after his final college season. He proceeded to move from Rochester to the Buffalo Sabres NEW AHL affiliate the Portland pirates. After his contract was up with Portland he was signed to a 1 year NHL contract with the Florida Panthers. He was returned to their AHL affiliate which was Rochester at the time. Florida's farm team then moved from Rochester to San Antonio the following year. He was acquired by the Tampa Bay lightning via trade to push for a Calder Cup Championship.

So he really only played for 4 AHL teams. With the Marlies being the 4th and final team before being called up to the NHL. He was slated to make the NHL when at camp for the Panthers, however was bumped down as the final cut.

Bumped by

Brian Campbell
Dimitri Kulikov
Jason Garisson
Mike Weaver
Ed Jovanovski
Erik Gudbranson
Keaton Ellerby

Hypothetical facts only pain part of the picture. Let me hear your actual analysis of his game play rather then irrelevant facts.
They used 9 defenceman (as far as I can tell) last year, and never was Kostka a call up for them. Robak, Weaver, and Yonkman were called up before him...

Like I said, I don't think he is a terrible player, he is definitely respectable, but the fact he is playing top pairing on the team, and has logged top NHL minutes is not appropriate for someone of his skill. With each game that goes by he is getting more and more exposed for his flaws (I am thinking of the Skinner play against Carolina off the top of my head right now).

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote