View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually, my first comment was that the trade wasn't a bad one and the ONLY reason why I didn't like the fact that it wasn't a 2012 pick, is because I had no confidence in Gauthier to actually use well that 2nd rounder like keeping it instead of throwing it away for a rental 1/2 year player. 'Cause crop for crop, it was already well known that 2013 would be way better than 2012. If Gauthier's intention were never to deal any of those 2013 picks, well it was obviously better to get a 2013 one.

I still have not a lot of confidence in Holland making it but we never know. In the end, as suspected, it wasn't a bad deal, we'll see if Bourque can continue being consistent as his contract progresses. And we know that we will most likely do the best of our upcoming picks, hoping we don't deal them with Bergevin now unless we're getting a tremendous return.
I don't blame you.

To me, Bourque and the 2nd is what made it for me. Whenever I saw Holland doing pretty well in the WHL I was a little more excited, but never followed him closely, and from what I've read (by you, or montreal) Holland had good teammates to help him out in his statistics.

In the AHL he's looked decent like he'll get a few games from callups, but don't see him being a fixture.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote