View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:32 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
we might. but no reason for the OP to call for the demotion of clemmer after last night.
I agree, Clemmer wasn't bad last night. I'm not sure what all this over-reacting is for. I've been a Clemmer nay-sayer for a while now, for the right reasons, but i thought he had a good game last night. Come on people, no need to hate after that effort.

The first goal was clearly tipped off the slapshot by Ellerby. Maybe you'd expect him to stop that, but a change of direction that quick is tough to stop.

The second goal had some mighty thick traffic in front of the net. It is hard to stop what you can't see. D needs to step up and get more physical and push those guys out of there (which should happen more with Gudbs coming back).

Third goal Little scored was point blank alone in the slot, and ripped it right top corner. Not many goalies are going to stop that.

Clemmer made a couple big saves last night that kept us in the game, I was impressed. He also seemed to be working on improving his positioning when someone has the puck behind the net. I noticed he would go down on his pads inside the net, behind the blue paint so he could get a better, more stable look behind the net. Probably not the technique I would teach, but it seemed to work for him and make him look more secure so he wasn't looking everywhere, then go nuts.

The one thing I would like to see improvement is his rebound control. He still let a few juicy rebounds out there on long shots that could of lead to disaster. Would like to see him absorb those better.

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill at the moment. Clemmers play last night does not warrent this kind of panic. Lets let Marky play in the AHL and develop, but if injuries come, or bad play develops then call up the Monster.

For now, even I am satisfied with Clemmer.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote