View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Does anyone else notice how our team seems to have the worse line changes perhaps in the history of hockey? atleast 3-4 times a game we get caught on terrible line changes. Terrible bench management by Sacco.
I'd argue that's due to the fact that this team is unable to play anything resembling a puck possession game, which forces them to make ill-timed desperation changes. I don't think that's just on the coach.

Also, I have no idea if there's a stat for icings per game, but I imagine the Avs are at or near the top of the list, which forces exhausted players to stay out for a defensive zone draw. It also doesn't help that Sacco has been forced to use Duchene/Stastny for nearly all defensive zone draws, where they then have to hustle off the ice (assuming they can get the puck out of the zone, which is another problem this team has) leaving them pretty tired as well.

On a side note, I seem to remember Quenneville getting caught with a bunch of too-many-men penalties during his tenure here.