View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I have to say, right now, if I were going to start over, I would rather have offense by committee than what we have right now. Something more like the Bruins top six.

Nash - Vermette - Wheeler
Korpikoski - Stepan - Callahan
Kreider - Miller - Hagelin
Powe - Boyle - Pyatt
McD - Girardi
Staal - MDZ
Klesla - Stralman

Don't take this post too seriously. It's not a trade proposal. It's just a "what if..." kind of rant.
no offense, but your "what if" looks like Nash rejoining the NY blue jackets. Korpikoski on the 2line?
Vermette as a#1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Good try MPF, but then you'd be asking this NYR regime to be smart on prospects, sensible on the FA market and restraining themselves from acquiring their former picks/players who are washed up.
The rangers have been very good in FA. What former wash up players have we been acquiring since the 05 lockout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The one thing that the B's really have going for them is that they're mainly comprised of guys who have come up through that system. I've always maintained that if you nurture and develop prospects correctly, they'll repay you by playing their ***** off for you as long as you have them.

We've seen that internally, the problem is that we're drafting guys who will fill roles, and writing big checks in July to bring in the big talent.
We don't have guys coming up in our system? Hagelin, Miller, Krieder, McD? Hopefully McIrath soon...

We won't always be writing big checks in July, but if it's for young proven talent, what's the difference?

Seems like all it takes is a little adversity and everyone questions the long term goal. If it doesn't work out this year.. so what? We're still set to be a competitive team next year and beyond.

sheesh.