View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:12 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Complete failure. Lack of energy and discipline. Lack of intelligence. Total breakdown in team work and execution. No I'm not talking about the Wings, I'm referring to THIS GDT!

Wow I'm lucky I'm more than a fan of the Red Wings, I'm a fan of hockey in general. It wasn't a terrible game. Detroit was utterly suffocated by the Flames defensive play and hustle. Every pass, every attempted shot, etc., there they were. I think Calgary took notes from the Columbus win, it was a mirror of their strategy: Don't give the Wings any room to move.

The lame old comments of losing to bottom feeders...I'm not buying it. What if the Flames play well and get to the playoffs? We don't know who is who just yet. I told you yesterday the Flames mean business. They don't have the biggest superstars but their top players fly under the radar and obviously worked hard during the lockout. Glencross, Stajan, Giordano, Bouwmeester, guys I've seen for a few years look rock solid as of now. I love my team but I like the Flames and the feeling of games in Calgary. There is no shame in losing to a team like that.

One positive was seeing Tatar turn up his game in the 3rd. Looked like he had a chip on his shoulder.

Instead of preying like a vulture to find blame why can't RW fans enjoy what good we do have? There should be hope, at least for some well played entertaining games, which this was one IMO.

Acknowledging the injuries and depletion of skill we are simply going to have to work harder for wins. The Wings have to dig in deeper and grind out games the old-fashioned way- with heart and determination.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote