View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 02:13 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I've been saying this same stuff for years now. Has very little to do with the current team.

McDonagh was a winning lottery ticket. The kid wasn't living up to expectations, and Montreal thought he was expendable. Most teams don't make that kind of mistake.

There's a big difference between having viable, proven youngsters in your lineup to compliment your stars, and watching those kids try and stick and make an impact while your stars scratch prime years off of their hockey career. Timing is everything.

We've had the same problems year after year with this team. Lack of identity. Lack of chemistry. Lack of talent. Lack of grit. Lack of heart. We've never been able to put them all together in one year. How much longer can we continue to say: "So what? There's always next year. Look who will be on the UFA market!"
after Torts arrival, and that of Brad Richards leading us to the ECF you don't think we're making any progress? We have no identity? Scoring goals in front of our All world goalie has been the major problem this team has faced in recent years. We've made moves to address it by acquiring the talent of Nash. We could stand to add another scorer!

a shortened season with no camp or preseason has presented problems, but I don't think it means we've regressed into the dark ages of the past. You're absolutely right that we have to get the timing down. I think we're in good shape for the years to come.

FA season should be good this summer