View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 02:26 PM
CrosbyMalkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Come on KIRK, you are better than the bolded. That is a flat out lie. He is looking to pass fairly often. If there's one positive thing anyone can say about him is that he has good offensive instincts. He knows when to shoot and when to pass.

Take for example the play where he passed it back to Bortuzzo. He skates in wide off the wing and looks like he's going to shoot but then hits the late man Bort for a better shooting angle. TK shoots that 100 times out of 100.

He might not be the right fit for Geno/Neal but sometimes I wish people would hold them accountable for that. Why is it that they can only play well with one specific protoype of player? Personally, I think a player like Boychuk could mesh very well with them. We wanted a guy with offensive creativity that defenses had to pay attention to. Boychuck seems like he has enough skill to be that guy. Ideally he would have more size to dig out pucks but let's give it a few more games. I really don't see him hurting that line right now (I'm sure you disagree).
I agree, I think he has played well. I have seen many nice plays by him and I would like people to point out anything they saw that he was not doing well. I have focused on him during his shifts and he seems to be doing fine. Each game Boychuk has set up other players for scoring chances and also gave himself some nice scoring chances with nice offensive instincts. He has battled and has won his fair share of those battles for the puck. I have seen nothing that would take him out of the line up. Tangradi and Jeffrey have shown next to nothing and they bring nothing to the ice. I don't like either, maybe Jeffrey as a grinder but I still don't like his wheels which is important in this system.