View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 02:27 PM
nevesis

vCash: 500
Reposting this from earlier in the thread

Quote:
What most people on this forum don't understand is its not all about how many goals he let in.

"A goalie is only as good as the team in front of him." - Mike Richter

Sure, did Henrik give up a bad goal last night? Yes...the tying goal to make it 3-3 was soft. Other then that, all goals scored on him in the first three games HAVEN'T been his fault. Deflections, missed coverages, screens, defensive breakdowns, etc etc etc have been at fault.

His game in Boston was epic, made tons of great saves, we just didn't have the play in front of him to win.

Henrik was pulled out of the home opener not because of his play, but because Torts didn't want to subject him to the ****y play that was going on in front of him.

If anything, last night against Boston at home he looked like he was fighting the puck at bit. It happens some nights, he's a human being.

We are a spoiled fan base having such a great goalie who has bailed us out of too many situations to begin to count, so when Henrik gives up a couple goals people tend to think he's slumping.

I have played goalie for 15+ years, and in some fairly competitive leagues. I know the position well, and when I go to games at the garden, and watch Henrik in warmup, I usually can tell if he will be on or off that night depending on how he looks. Any goalie will tell you the same about some nights you have it, and some nights you are fighting the puck.

A user on here said it last night, the last player on this team ANYONE needs to worry about is Hank. He is his harshest critic.

It is super early in the season, and he will only get better as the season goes on. Let's focus more on who will lead in secondary scoring, and even more importantly, fixing the anemic, ****y powerplay that still plagues us again.

Last edited by Jabroni: 02-08-2013 at 09:33 AM.
nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote