View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:31 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I'm sure PS4 will also have the same "no second hand games" policy, which just sucks.
Could be a MASSIVE selling point for them if Sony says "we ARE going to allow the used games market to survive". It will be a nice way to differentiate the two systems and would certainly boost sales for PS4. Never happen though since this is being driven by the software developers.

Killing the used games market is going to HAMMER the game retailers (EB, Gamestop). They make buckets of money from used games while offering a nice service to their customers.

How long do you think it will take for some enterprising computer savvy people to figure a way around whatever code M$ is going to use on their games and open up a massive black market for used games? I bet they will have the code written before the machine is on sale to the public.

As for the "always online" thing, that is ridiculous. What if your internet connection drops? What if you are on a strict bandwidth plan? What if you have your gaming system on another TV and don't have wi-fi and don't have an internet connection in that room? What if you simply have no desire to have your gaming system continuously connected to the internet?

Honestly, I think it's one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.