Old
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Better than Tyler Myers!!!!

Looking back at the 2008 draft, how many D-men would you rather have?

DD. Pietrangelo. Eric Karlson.

And then... ???

Bogo, MDZ, Luke Schenn, John Carlson, Sbisa, Josi, Myers are all in the second tier. The homer in me would put Slava up in there at the top of the second tier based on current play (realizing there are others who have more games played).

Kings did well to get 2 Top 4 D from one draft.
For now, I'd still put Myers ahead of him, and definately Carlson. He's very underrated. Del Zotto would be an interesting debate. The rest, yeah, I'd take Voynov over. Schenn I like, but he's way overrated. That happens when you are an 18-year-old cracking the Toronto roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I didn't say that VV was as good as Green offensively
No, but you implied it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
In Green's first two NHL seasons he averaged .16 points per game. Voynov, through two NHL seasons is averaging .37 points per game.
Let's not twist things here. According to you, his first NHL season is 2005-2006 when he actually only played 22 games and was in the minors for the rest of the season. If you want to go based on his first two FULL NHL seasons, which would be more accurate of the number you stated, he had a ppg average of .45

Also of note, Voynov was getting 18:32 in ice time last year per game (his rookie year) while Mike Green was getting 15:29 in his first full NHL season.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote