Old
07-04-2006, 12:49 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
First of all: yes, I am absolutely biased against the Yankees, infact I view the entire organization as the physical manifestation of lucifer.

and the point is less about whether Cabrera is major league caliber than that it's unfair to say he's better than the 'recently sent down milledge' when Cabrera's bounced up and down between the bigs and tripple A a few times and it's only now that he's stuck (and he was brought up because of injury, not because he beat down the doors.) This was Milledge's first call up, and while there where cerntainly gorwing pains, there where also several flashes of briliance and there's little doubt that he'll stick soon.

Cabrera is better than Milledge in the same way that Dom Moore is better than Brandon Dubinsky. He's a nice defensive player whose had more time to mature at the major league level, but no one in they're right mind would take Moore over Dubinsky or Cabrera over Milledge.

Ever since that "catch", Yankee fans have been overrating Cabrera non-stop.

It's boderline ridiculous.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote