Old
02-06-2013, 01:49 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
How? His involvement in the scandal is controversial, meaning this is not absolute. Players and the like all have differing stories. Just because he is banned, does not mean that it was the correct decision, immune to change.

I am not arguing against the fact that 'Player x' breaking said rule should be banned. I am saying there is lots of controversy over his guilt. It's possible he is innocent.

I'm not sure if you are arguing that if he did know about it, and refused to inform anyone, that he still deserves to be punished.
I recognize that there are doubts and inconsistencies with everything that surrounded his involvement, but I'm not believing the slack-jawed yokel response that he just took cash for throwing the games without realizing the implications of it. Even if the reports that he tried to give it back on a later date were true, he was still complicit in it by either not more strenuously reporting it or talking other other teammates or his coach on the matter.

Comiskey certainly deserves a lot more of the blame on the matter than he gets, as it almost seems like he was aware of the fix and try to ignore it away, and I agree with the other poster that the inclusion of a few builders that certainly don't belong, particularly those that extended the segregation of the game, but the fact that other people were more heinous or more guilty than him doesn't excuse the severity the allegations, not to mention the necessity of the punishment.

If Jackson ends up getting in sometime, eh.... I won't really care. It'll be a century either way, and aside from making a few posts online arguing against him being included, it's not the type of thing that I'd put more energy than that minimal amount into. Nor would I do the same to try to support him, though.

Rose, on the other hand, I'd be more than happy to energetically fight against.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote