View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I doubt MacArthur will get u a second round pick. He disappears and had a fluke year 2 years ago. Maybe a third rounder for him at this point. What does he provide every game? Not much. Over 3 million ? Mistake. I agree though trade him.

Who wants to watch Grabo for another 5 years at 5.5 million? I dont
Who wants to watch Liles for another 5 years at 3.8 million? I dont

Phaneuf makes 6.5 million. 2.5 million too much. U add up all that wasted money and all of a sudden the team cant chase top end free agents.

Do I miss Keith Aulie ? Yes I do. Carter Ashton for Aulie was a horrible trade. I bet Aulie asked to be moved after the debacle moving him up and down. At one point finishing the season on the top pairing with Phaneuf and than being sent down again in the following training camp. Im not saying Aulie is a top 3 guy. Maybe in the 4-6 range, but he is huge with a massive reach and can play tough, can fight.
Lol we had way to many D. Just cause ashton didn't get any points in his first 18 or w/e games doesn't mean he won't be an effective player later on for the leafs. It was a lateral trade at worst dealing from a position of strength for a position of wakness. Aka schenn for jvr, don't see u complaining about that trade.