View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM
sanityplease

vCash: 50
AIR, really great thread, haven't bought skates in about 8 years, been keeping a few pairs of super/pro tacks alive on life support (been through 3 prolite holders in about 25 games, replacements are getting hard to find & not worth upgrading my old boots to epro holders).

Time for new skates. Found some LHS who were well stocked in ccm/reebok, reebok 7.5e (I'm a size 10 in shoes BTW) felt the best but had a 'bulky' boot. Wanting to be very thorough, I went through the bauer products as well, vapor were basically to narrow for my feet, front out sole was especially uncomfortable. I got to the supreme one.7 size 8d & had an epiphany, perfection, felt like a slipper. I moved from bauer to tacks about 20 years ago because bauer were too narrow for my growing, widening feet.

Not interested in spending $500+ plus %13 tax in ontario on a pair of skates, I can get one.7's for the same price as older one80's which would you recommend? I do want a stiff boot, borrowed a pair of graf's (don't remember the model but are very high end) last year & loved the very firm boot, but not the low boot height.

The other concern: is there a big difference in 'forward pitch', I was told that ccm/reebok has much more than bauer. Is it true & consistent with older ccm models as well? I did hold the new bauer supreme/ccm/reebok skates together & didn't see much of a difference. I'm definitely an advanced skater (played competitive hockey for 25 years), 5'-11", lean/strong 205lbs.

Thanks in advance for any advice.