View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
I've supported Clemmensen before so it's not as though I hate him.

With that said, I don't see how anyone could possibly think he played well last night.
He allowed only 2 goals in regulation because the Jets didn't really create much in terms of offense.

He made a couple of nice saves. One on Antropov and he also had a good one at the end of the 2nd period on Thorburn imo.

With that said, the first goal was weak (don't care if Ellerby deflected that).
The other goals I won't blame him for although I didn't consider them unstoppable.

At the end of the day, his rebounds were terrible. How many shots without screens from the blueline did he give up terribly long rebounds on? I saw him bobble a shot that hit him square in the glove.

I said at the beginning of the game that he looked shaky before he even faced a shot on the GDT. Fortunately, it took over half a period for the Jets to get a shot off. Their first shot hit the post.

A couple of Clemmensen's "saves" got behind him.

With that said, I think he's a better goalie than he's shown thus far. Let's not forget that he's a big reason why we made the playoffs last year. He went 14-6-6 with good #'s.

For what it's worth, I think we all knew our goalies wouldn't play like they did last year and they haven't put up the same type of #'s (not all their fault of course).

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote