Thread: Post-Game Talk: 10-13-1. "A bunch of donkeys on skates"
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 02:00 PM
jsykes

vCash: 500
I think if there is an issue between Ribs and Ovi its that Ribs is probably doubting Ovi's work ethic and how hard he plays. Ribs skates hard every shift and when he puts a pass on your stick I'm sure he expects you do do something with it. Also, I was noticing during the PP last night that Ovi looked like he was begging Ribs to pass to him and getting upset when he wasnt, yet he wasnt moving around and giving Ribs a place to put the puck. I got the feeling that they were getting frustrated with each other because Ribs wanted him to work and he wanted Ribs to just give him the puck.

Right now I think any problems in the locker room are squarely on Ovi's shoulders. He is playing like ass, he isnt trying on a regular basis, he's screwing up all over the ice with missed passes and shots/passes into opponents sticks/bodies, he is a mess and I get the impression he doesnt want to put any of the blame on himself and isnt trying to correct things. I'd imagine that gets old to his team mates.

However, I'm not in the locker room so I dont know, but it sure seems that everything is dysfunctional right now and I cant help but put that on Ovi right now as he seems to be trying the least on the team to actually change anything or willing to even try at times.