View Single Post
02-06-2013, 03:11 PM
vCash: 500
The One80s are very stiff skates, which in your case, is not a positive. The One.7/One70 are phenomenal at their pricepoints. Looking at stiffness only, the One.7 is not as stiff and might be the level you are looking for.

The thing about forward pitch is that if that is something you want to optimize for your personal preference (most people do not need to), it's best to not focus on which skate would offer you what you are looking for, but instead, what kind of profile you want to put on your skates.

Pitch on a skate can be determined by many factors (boot angle, lacing pattern, holder tower heights, steel etc.) but it's always better to get the skate that fits the best regardless of that and then work on the pitch later.

Asking your local skate tech to put a forward pitch on for you is very easy to do. They should be able to measure the current profile of the steel in relation to the skate itself, give you a baseline pitch number and work from there. For example, After a couple years of skating on my Easton S15s (with the RB2 being an aggressive forward pitch), I had to swap out my old steel for new ones. My old steel was at an aggressive 5 degree forward pitch, so I had to put a 2 degree pitch on my new steel to match without overcompensating.

I recommend grabbing the skates that fit you best first, regardless of pitch and giving your new skates a couple of sessions for you to adapt to. If you feel you are too much on your heels or would desire more of a forward lean, you can always talk to your tech and see what they can do.