View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 02:13 PM
mistrhanky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer98 View Post
Do me a favor, since you seem to want to play physical...

When the goalie freezes the puck and the winger never touches your goalie and is just standing there when the whistle blows, don't insist on hitting/pushing him because that's what they do in the NHL.

That's the worst.
Yeah, that stuff is just dumb. I think perhaps people don't understand my context of 'attitude'. My team, god love 'em, does a lot of watching. They watch three guys stand in front of the crease. They watch the puck. The watch wingers fall over our goalie and give him a little extra shove getting up. The poke at the puck, but don't play the stick. We have racked up 16 PIM in 10 games(three from bench minors). The next lowest PIM in the league is 78 minutes. The Ref's have commented that we cannot let ourselves just get pushed around out there and need to protect our goalie. We surrender 40+ SOG per game, most from inside the slot. This is not every player, but a lot of them. They aren't bad guys at all, just not willing to play the body very often.

Now, if people think I am a dick because I don't like our goalie(our best player by far) get trampled on, and being outnumbered in our crease all the time, then so be it. I think you do have to have some attitude about now getting steamrolled. I am not talking about being Doug Glatt... but you can't be LaFlamme either. I don't see where battling for pucks, playing the stick, "pushing", etc is anything but good hockey. It's beer league, there should never be anything that would leave a bad taste in your mouth once the whistle blows. I can't be the only one that thinks good hard competition is one of the best things about this game. Hell, I would play soccer otherwise.

mistrhanky is offline   Reply With Quote