View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
Can someone explain the fascination these "experts" have with Milan Lucic? His temper and foot speed would kill us. With the big ice, any physical advantage people think he would bring becomes even less of a factor...

To those saying Martin St. Louis should be there, I agree 100%. Why would we leave our most consistently elite winger at home? Very disappointed he didn't make it last time, and MSL will make damn sure he's there this time. I don't think I'm being a homer in saying he is the best Canadian winger in the game.

Perry has been disappointing, to say the least. I agree with Mr. Writer in that we should leave both him and Getzlaf home.

Kind of a pet peeve of mine, but why is Nash never held to any sort of offensive standard? The only guy who consistently doesn't perform and is considered a lock. I know he played well in Vancouver, but it seems like hes getting a free ride here...
86Habs pretty much covered it all...but the only thing I'd like to add about Rich Nash is, under performed compared to whose expectations, yours? If you expect Nash to be the best player on the planet and be a 120 pt. player year in year out, then yes you'll be disappointed. Rick has some flaws, but they all do to a certain extent. All I can say is I see Nash as a consistent 30/30 plus guy for the 10 years he has been in the league and plus everything 86Habs already wrote.
re: international play google the IIHF 2007 WHC from Moscow. Nash's winning goal against the Finns. I was at that tournament sitting not 30 feet away watching that goal. Rick's stats are going to have to dive to Ovechkin like numbers before I take him off my Team Canada. (oops and before people get upset, I mean this year's Ovechkin numbers.) Last year, despite criticism, 38 goals wasn't a horrific year.