Thread: Proposal: Detroit-NYI
View Single Post
02-06-2013, 02:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
I like Ouellet and Sproul alot and would want them
Most people should, you're talking about the front runners at this point for the QMJHL and OHL d-man of the year.

Sproul has outperformed Dougie Hamilton's pace this year. He has some ways to go defensively but he is a unique package, one that is not easily made available for an old UFA rental.

Ouellet is a coaches player that just continues to get positive reviews by anybody that comes into contact with him. Played for Team Canada, they are very high on him as well.

In all likelihood both Ouellet and Sproul are more protected than Nyquist or Tatar. If they are being moved it is a big deal, Nino, Okposo something of a higher upside or younger. I am not saying they return some of these things on their own but cannot see the scenario where Mark Streit gets any of these bigger guys in the discussion.

I do actually think Frk is the right target for most teams. He has big time discipline problems the kind the Wings hammer out of their players. If they cannot they get rid of them. He still has a long ways to go there and I wonder what they think of that, it might hurt his value within the organization as far as which guy they will get rid of first.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote