Thread: Post-Game Talk: 10-13-1. "A bunch of donkeys on skates"
View Single Post
02-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Closet Las Vegas fan
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Who do you get rid of to make that point, though, assuming Ovechkin is off the table? Carlson is the closest thing to a somewhat reasonable target but not without a fairly capable defenseman coming back. In which case it's probably more of a lateral move where they give up the best player (or at least the one with the most upside). The big problem it seems to me is the country club atmosphere and lack of leadership. Bringing in different secondary leadership doesn't change much. It would need to be coupled with other smaller moves that threaten everyone's place or a change in GM.

I'd sadly probably side with Ribeiro. He probably is a dick but based on his comments to the media to this point he seems like he may be in an Arnott sort of situation (in awe of the permissiveness that pervades the org.).
I think you have to consider anyone not named Ovechkin and Backstrom....for the right deals of course.

Since you brought up 74...

If you swap a Carlson for a similarly talented player (either on D or forward), that may be lateral in terms of talent for talent, but i would hope that trade would shake up the chemistry of the team and be more than a lateral move in that area.