View Single Post
Old
12-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Rails

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
well, I like the deal...a friend of mine, who is a bigtime Oilers fan (who watches every Oilers game) said that we are going to fall in love with this guy as a player and that he is a guy that you are going to notice on everyone his shifts.

my biggest question is what about Richards and Carter? with Comrie now in the fold we will have Roenick, Handzus, Comrie (Primeua will most likely leave via UFA at the end of the season) Carter and Richards. I know that Carte/Richards aren't ready yet but they could be soon and one of them could possibly challenge next year.

will one of these two guys now be moved?
I've been having a lot of trouble with the board today. Ever other thread I visit it says the server is too busy. Let's see if this works this time.

Here is what I think.
Lapointe and Roenick will be out in a few years, as will Primeau (maybe after this year). By the time Roenick is out, Richards and Carter will be ready. One will have played with the team during Roenick's last year and our future centers will look like:

Carter, Richards, Comrie, Handzus (?), and Sharp.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those guys switched to wing. Richards would be my bet.

Over the next couple years we will see the centers go from Comrie(?), Handzus, Lapointe, Primeau, and Roenick to Carter, Comrie, Handzus, Richards, and Sharp. Barring in trades of course, and assuming the CBA gets taken care of for next season.