View Single Post
02-06-2013, 02:46 PM
pretty damn valuable
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I thought he looked better in the offensive zone, but he still made a few errors in the defensive zone. He turned over the puck twice near the blue line and that led directly to unconverted scoring chances. Had those gone in, he would've been in just about everyone's "bad" section tonight. I'm still waiting for the Grigs-Ennis-Stafford line.
I certainly expected his defensive game to be his weakest. What I want to see is confidence gained with each game, and a sense of purpose when he has the puck. I've seen that for about 5 games straight now. The turnovers are bad, but in this a transition year, I just want to see steps taken towards improvement. I'm of the belief I've seen that lately.

Originally Posted by zip
I understand that physical players get cut much more slack in Buffalo, but Foligno's lackluster play for most of the early season has been one of the under-discussed topics around here. He's had some flashes (3rd period @Washington springs to mind) but he's not bringing close to the effort he had last season, nor is he making the plays he was last year. I recognized that FES couldn't keep up the unsustainable shooting percentage they had as a line last year, and that Foligno will probably never eclipse 40-45 pts as an NHL player, but he's been poor this season, and I think I'm being kind.
Yep. I'm concerned with his lack of drive, and his nonchalance on the forecheck when compared to last year. This is a guy who never took a shift off in his time here down the stretch last year, basically making it impossible for him to not be in the mix this year. Now, he looks like the spot is his and he's fine with where he's at (complacent).

No free pass for him from me. Do your job. You're a worker, and you're not working.

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote