Thread: Post-Game Talk: Hawks - Sharks = Hawks Win 5-3
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 02:59 PM
GGGHawks18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
You can't just see what makes Toews so special either by just watching their games. It's things beyond that. It's the fact that he runs the entire pre-game routine for the Hawks, something I have seen him do for a few years now. Doesn't seem like much but shows his leadership.

One of my favorite things about him and it's almost a secret but known to some. Every year Toews gathers all the new Hawks players, rookies, draft picks, FA and has a meeting with them, in that meeting he tells them what it means to play Blackhawks hockey, what it means to be a Chicago Blackhawk, what he expects from them and they can expect from him. He has done this since his 2nd year as captain. A 20 something kid telling 10+ year vets like, Turco, Brunette, Rosival, and others what it means to be a Hawk.

Add that to his complete game, of the most complete games in the NHL and you get to me one of the best players. He is the forward and current day Lidstrom, not flashy, not the most amazing player, but someone who will play well in every aspect of the game, someone who you can rely on night in and night out to play his heart out, who will work harder then anyone else, who will lead with words and by example, and who will be the guy your team can lean on when it matters most.
I never knew Toews really did this. This shows a lot of leadership, and it will want veterans and prized free agents want to come play for the Chicago Blackhawks because of the leadership and team chemistry this team has.

It's amazing that a 24 year old kid can handle this amount of pressure, in one of the biggest sports cities in the world, and be so calm and collected to lead this team to hopefully many more Stanley Cups.

GGGHawks18 is offline   Reply With Quote