02-06-2013, 03:01 PM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
Clemmensen's Stats the last two years:

SEASON TEAM GP W L T OT SO GA SA Sv% GAA Min
2010-2011 Panthers 31 8 11 - 7 1 74 833 .911 2.62 1,696
2011-2012 Panthers 30 14 6 - 6 1 67 773 .913 2.57 1,566

From what I've read, most of us are divided on Clemmensen's ability as the back-up. His first year was scary with win-loss record but the numbers were still pretty decent. His second year is why he was re-signed but I feel one year would have been a better idea.

I don't hate the guy, I remember he won some crucial games for us last year and let's face it, his 14 wins represent more than a 1/3 of our total 38wins last year. We were 12th in the league for Goals Against last year and I'm sure alot of people felt Theo and Clem couldn't provide sound goaltending.

My main reason to bring Markstrom up IS to test his confidence, he's 23 and by next year should have the job as back-up locked up. The main question is who he will be backing up? Most believe and feel Theodore would be the easy pick. Theo's a UFA and I'm sure he wouldn't have a hard time getting offers from other teams looking for him to play 25-40 games next year.

I don't want to rid the Panthers of Clemmensen but I don't think having Theo if he re-signs and Clem as the tandem for 2013-14 is the right thing to do. Clemmensen is the odd man out I feel, he needs to go so Markstrom can build confidence in knowing he's worthy of 15-30 games in the 2013-14 season.

If Markstrom stays in the AHL all year, that will hinder his confidence even more than letting him play 5 games this year. We're not asking him to come in and save the season, more just getting him adjusted to the role he's positioned for next year which will be back-up.

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote