View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
The funny thing is that Taylor was only given a shot because of injuries, was never expected to do anything other than open the door (much like this thread) yet was put in because Ersberg was lit up.

It didn't go very well though, Taylor comes in to start the 3rd after Ersberg lets in 5 goals, Kings have pressure for the first couple minutes until Jere Lehtinen got a partial break away and fired a shot from the high slot into the net over Danny's left shoulder. First shot Taylor sees in the NHL is a laser, he hardly even moved. Ends up giving up 2 goals on 10 shots that period, Kings lose 7-2. That was bad year for LA, but 3 months later they drafted Drew Doughty.

I hope Danny's second chance goes a little better than his first.
Can't really fault a goaltender in their NHL debut for giving up 2 goals on 10 shots. It was a long time ago and Danny has seemingly found a consistency he never had before since returning from Europe. As much as I would like him to get a shot and do well I hope he is up for 1 game, maybe 2 as the backup and never seens the ice because it will mean Irving is doing well and Kiprusoff is out only a few games.

However after this season I would like to see someone, somewhere give him a shot at fighting for a backup spot.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote