View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I'm waiting for the point when people come around the idea that it wasn't a good idea to trade for Nash (and his contract) at all.
If it's of any consolation, I'm there and was there last year as well. I'm rooting for Nash because he's a likable guy and a fun player to watch and I think he has been good, in the sense that he's the only guy capable of really creating something out of nothing, but I also think his 9 games so far are going further towards proving my opinion that he's always been overrated than bringing me around to the idea that he's this franchise, marquee superstar that was trapped in Columbus and just waiting to breakout. "He never was surrounded with talent in Columbus!" Well, he's been playing with two genuine all-stars since he arrived in NY and the breakout seems to be scheduled for some time in the future still. What's done is done and I'm not sour about the deal because we took a chance and maybe Nash will heat up as he gets more games under his belt, but I never wanted to do it in the first place and I've had my spider senses telling me it wasn't a smart move from the day it was announced.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote