View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Having talked to Markstrom several times over the past two years, both as a fan and as a credentialed media member, one thing Markstrom doesn't lack is confidence. He understands his role in the organization, and when he's called upon, he will be fine mentally.

His confidence is borderline off-putting. Not for me personally, as it's a persoanlity trait I hope for in a goalie, but to some, he has an air of semi-cockiness.
In your opinion, is Markstrom NHL ready next year to face 15-25 games? I feel he would have been ready this year but the safe route was to have Theo and Clem again. Markstrom cannot be playing for the Rampage in 2013-14, you reach a certain point where you develop a player and then theres the point where you hinder their development.

Even if he has a sub-par year for San Antonio, it's time for him to swim with the big fish and learn how to handle the criticism and expectations of being the #1 guy in a year or two. I also understand it's not Jacob's choice, I guess I'm just antsy to see what he can bring to the team.

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote