View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 04:07 PM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
Really? You think not having the puck skills they do has nothing to do with skating?

Well that's just tremendously foolish. If your hands can't keep up with your feet then you're a non-factor at the NHL level. Skating with the puck is as big a factor in skating as anything else.
That has nothing to do with being a better skater than Stepan. It's not a matter of my hands not keeping up; I never had those kinds of hands or I would have gone further. As it is, I played college hockey. I skate really well; I didn't have any of the other tools to be a real hockey player. It's perfectly conceivable that people here are better skaters than Stepan. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Forget skating with the puck. Stepan, skating through the neutral zone, trying to keep up with a rush, or get to a loose puck, or get in on the forecheck or get back to backcheck or beat out an icing, when no stick handling and is involved or even considered, is a poor skater with bad speed and an ugly stride. There's nothing difficult about believing better skaters exist outside of the NHL. It doesn't make us better hockey players. It makes us better at one thing.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote