View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Pretty disappointing result for the US considering how much better they looked than the Finns a few months back in Ann Arbor. I figured adding players like Lehkonen and Ikonen could make a difference for them though.

Is Demko injured right now? I have next to no faith in Miska when I see he's in goal. He was in net when the Swiss upset the team earlier this season and I felt he let the team down in a number of games I've seen in the last few years. Hopefully Demko is back and ready to go when the U18 wjc's take place.

It'd also be nice to add some offensive punch to this team. It's too bad guys like Erne and Cammarata likely won't be available in April.
Finland didn't play much differently than they did at the Four Nations. Very systematic, simple, quick transitions, chippy. Goaltending was the big difference today. Saros was outstanding. Miska had some trouble overcommitting in desperation situations, giving the Finns a lot of net to shoot at. Credit to the Finns for capitalizing as well. Lehkonen was quiet but Ikonen was definitely a factor.

I don't think Demko's hurt. From a quick look at his twitter I think it's school-related.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote