View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 05:17 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Low Five View Post
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-olympics.html

I can't seem to open the current thread. Mods please merge if need be. My apologies if this article has already been posted. Basically Tim Wharnsby, Elliotte Friedman and 4 NHL scouts selected who they thought would be on the roster in Sochi. The unanimous decisions were:

Crosby
Giroux
Toews
Stamkos
Perry
Bergeron

Weber
Doughty
Keith

Price

Notable absences from the list include Marleau, Thornton, St. Louis and Heatley.
Lucic getting three votes is by far the weirdest thing about this vote. He isn't particularly close to being a top Canadian forward, and it's hard to think of many players who are more ill suited to international ice. Letang only getting two votes is also odd. Presumably Canada is going to want a mobile defence, and it's hard to picture many guys ahead of Letang outside of the obvious locks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
Hey guys pens fan here. Just wondering who u guys think your captain will be? Well i guess im mainly wondering if its gonna be sid?
I would guess that they will pick Crosby given his level of fame and his level of play. I am hoping they don't however, as it doesn't seem like Crosby is held in high regard throughout the NHL. I don't think there is an ideal captain for Canada unless Iginla goes on a massive tear over the next year.