Old
02-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeycanada87 View Post
lol paul gaustad got a first and was a ufa lol come on dude you are drinking your own bathwater.
We got lucky with the Gaustad trade. Really lucky. The Preds easily overpaid in that trade and we took it. Odds of that happening again anytime soon with a similar player are slim.

Kulemin is a goal-scorer and has scored one goal in 10 GP and seven in 70 last season. He's not finding the back of the net despite his defensive capability. Linemates taken into consideration, he has shown he has been able to notch 30 and since then hasn't come close to the offensive production he's capable of. Kulemin's a good player but a first would be overpayment even considering he won't be a UFA in the summer.

At the deadline, the players I see netting firsts are star rentals as we have seen before, your Hossas, your Campbells, your Kaberles, etc. Kulemin is not on that level. Gaustad was a luck exception. You can't compare one player and think that's the basis for everyone else. Kulemin could net a second and a pretty nice prospect and I think that would be good value for him. If he was a "rental" I think a second is enough.