Thread: Confirmed with Link: Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 05:25 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Welp....this will be long. Lokti was my favorite player. And I'm sad to see him go but I was expecting it.

Who is he? Well...I really like to compare Lokti to Datsyuk style wise. Obviously I don't think he'll ever hit Datsyuk level but both are smaller, left handed Russian centers who are very shifty, better passers than scorers who can score when needed, great vision, and Lokti is solid defensively. He's really a great prospect with really only maybe ONE hole in his game - he's weak as ****. Very weak. Was the one thing I consistently wanted him to work on but never really did. Despite that, I still think he's an NHL caliber player.

The problem is he never got a real chance in LA. Disregard his numbers. There was one point where Lokti was centering a line of Westgarth and your guys buddy Peter Harrold. Do you expect an offensive minded center to do well with THOSE wingers? Especially when he was going to be asked to play a checking role with little to no NHL strength? Was a recipe for failure.

The only top 6 minutes Andrei got were on LW with Kopi and some RWer at one point.

Let me be very clear here - Andrei is a center. I felt like this needed to be broken off from the rest of the post just so you guys don't skim over it. He cannot play wing. Dunno why but he just is a natural center and is not good on the wing. Give him a chance in your top 6 as a center and I think he can thrive.

Also, during his time in LA, his coach was mostly Terry Murray. Terry doesn't really just preach defense first...he kills offense. Absolutely kills it. Darrly Sutter isn't much better.

TL;DR. Skill is all there. He's weak is the only bad thing. Never got real opportunity. Cannot play wing.

I wish him all the best and he will forever hold a place in my heart. Such a great deal for you guys and wish you the best as well moving forward. Will probably lurk around if anyone has any questions/keep up with how he's doing.