Thread: Speculation: Mark Fraser future shutdown D?
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Frelimo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximan89 View Post
Hes kinda like a Komisarek with a clean slate. Keep him as a 7th dman and alternate him with the 6th when you need a bit of grit and size to compete against teams with bigger players and hes great.
This is right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
Funny based on the responses you can tell who's watched the game and who hasn't. He's been solid for us this year. He has had a couple wtf moments, but really who on D doesn't once in a while? He had a good first past out of the zone, is physical, clears the net and is a plus 4. I don't get how people bash Fraser but then praise Kostka lol.
I do watch the games, but don't get all that excited when one of our defencemen doesn't completely suck. I like Fraser, and its good to have a guy like him as a seventh dman. Doesn't matter if he sits a few games (not wasting potential development) and can come back in and kick some a** and not be absolutely terrible. But in no way would I want him as a shutdown guy. A "shutdown defenceman" shuts down (hence the name) the other teams superstars. I would hate to be in a position where Fraser is given the responsibility to shutdown Crosby or Malkin.
And btw, I wouldn't praise Kostka. He pleasantly surprised me, but I didn't jump on that bandwagon.

Frelimo is offline   Reply With Quote