Thread: Rumor: Pens eyeing Kulemin
View Single Post
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
But the Leafs need a top6, hell a top line centerman. Sutter isn`t one. I honestly canīt see what has them so hung up on Sutter. Would he be an improvement over Bozak or McClement on the thrid line? Sure. Would he be the long sought solution to center Kessel? Definitely not. The Leafs in their 1LC chase have amassed so many 2/3 line centers that itīs strange they now think they need yet another one.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but why should they give up a drafted and developed player who is arguably their most valuable forward?

Kulemin does everything well. He's one of the only forwards who can cycle the puck, he's their best board player, he's got a heavy shot (which he doesn't use enough) good penalty killer, and he scored 30 2 years ago. He's got size and strength, which is something the Leafs desperately lack up front. I don't think he's a 30 goal scorer, but I do think he'll fall somewhere in the middle.

Why sell low? As most people love to bring up, he scored 7 goals last year. Anyone with any informed opinion will tell you he's a better player then that, why sell him when his value is down?