Thread: Proposal: Tor-Col
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 06:25 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
To be quite frankly, Gardiner for ROR is an absolute no-go.
Gards is not up to speed because of his concussion and his value is up in a limbo even more than it was. He will always be good offensively but I am just not convinced that the defensive side will catch up.

So you are not getting anything of big value for him right now until he comes back and proves himself.
The comment by the Avs fan as a whole is insulting. I don't condone that at all. And he is wrong. I for one would be tempted by a Reilly + 1st proposal. .

He is right in the sense that Toronto and Colorado make horrible trade partners. You don't have the young proven d we would need. Phaneuf would be only in the cards if we talk Stastny (cause of his age) but I really don't want Phaneuf and he is the Leafs captain.

Leafs need to rebuild and pick high this year. So do the Avs if the injury situation does not get better. Kessel would not make sense because we can't give up our 1st and it would only be a rental because the Avs are not doing squat this year.

So the Leafs have nothing to trade for ROR that would make sense for both parties...
I am sorry for the general insult by the other Avs fan but you have to understand that we as Avs fans have to deal with a lot of crap proposals right now...

Last edited by Redwingsfan: 02-06-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: QDP
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote