vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Higgins:
.49 ppg

Hemsky
.76 ppg

over their careers

Fistric hasnt played much this season but at this stage in there careers Ballard and Fistric are pretty even. Ballard is pretty brutal
and yet another poster who's proven that he/she doesn't follow the games, and just bases everything on scouting reports from 2yrs ago.

Ballard has consistently improved since he arrived in Vancouver 2 yrs ago and had his brutal season, not in small part due to facing major injuries for the first time in his hockey life (which includes his development time prior to being in the NHL).

Last season he was already making huge strides and was one of the Canucks best defenders down the stretch and in the playoffs. This season he's again built on that (note: the consistent improvement he's shown), and is currently playing like the Canucks 2nd best dman.

Anyone who continues to suggest he's been "brutal" has just not watched him play at all this season or last, and is still sticking to the scouting reports from 2 seasons ago. By that measure, I guess you can say that Dubynk has been pretty brutal and is certainly not a starting goalie anywhere - we are ignoring what players are doing this season, right?

As for the trade proposal, I would never trade Schneider to the Oilers. The only way that he goes there is if they overpay significantly and give up a key piece that they don't want to move - and I'm not suggesting that Schneider is worth one of the big 4, but if I'm giving the Oilers Schneider, that's what I'd want back, otherwise there's no way I'd consider addressing a division rival's biggest weakness by giving him a top young goalie that we're planning on building around.

as for the poster who suggested that Dubynk> Schneider

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote