View Single Post
02-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Hunter Gathers
Raise hell and . . .
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Everything I had read regarding him (Ohio State affiliated) was that Urban and Co. were worried that he's academics were a major issue in not getting in. I'm not trying to cause an argument regarding this either. Just basing it off stuff I had read.
The stuff you read was all hearsay and a bunch of crap (which is why tOSU was still recruiting him). It mostly came from the nasty **** tOSU fans were saying about Gibson, which them snowballed. tOSU does not have different academic standards for athletes than any other school has (again, save for Stanford and schools that take props like, say, Marshall -- and I think even Tennessee).

FWIW, this kind of garbage gets thrown around every year, so it's not surprising to see a group of fans get pissy when they miss out on a kid. But make no mistake -- they recruited Gibson hard and he simply wanted to go elsewhere.

"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
My MS Excel crashed so I couldn't watch the game. - ReggieDunlop68
Hunter Gathers is offline   Reply With Quote