Thread: Proposal: Tor-Col
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
I hate how much bickering there is in Avs and Leafs threads. Truth is both fanbases overvalue their guys, but of course they do - is there a fanbase that doesn't?

The proposal in the OP doesn't work because Toronto gives up too much depth and the Avs will be looking to get a player back who can be part of their core in the same way O'reilly is.

--

Generally the only Avs/Leafs proposal that surfaces every now and then that makes sense to me is a Stastny/Phaneuf trade. Overpaid/underperforming players who could do better in a different situation. Almost the same caphit and they're both UFAs next summer. I see it more as an offseason trade where both teams can make moves in conjunction to replace the wholes left by the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan09 View Post
Avs fan's would be ignorant to turn down Rielly because he has proven so much in the NHL. He's guaranteed to be the next Brian Leetch.
Eh it would set us back in development but due to the contract situation and other setbacks in our rebuild management might take a guy like Reilly - very good player and hyped for good reason. I don't think it'd be an ideal trade for us (much better to try to acquire a guy like Kulikov who would contribute now), but I believe they'd have to think about it.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote