Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos Thread II
View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
I do agree with you that Coyle being handed a first line spot in his second game infront of Granlund is unfair.

However, in terms of Granlund being scratched I think it makes some sense. First of all, Granlund hasn't exactly lit the world on fire these first ten games like a lot of people were expecting. In fact Yeo has kept him on the bench in a couple games down the stretch because of his struggles and made it known he hasn't been impressed with his play. Demotion to the 4th line against PHX echoed that.
He has atleats contributed with 3 points..thats more than can be said for Clutterbuck, Setoguchi, Broziak...the same amount as Cullen and Bouchard. Pretty good considering he hasn't "lit the world on fire"

If they stuck him on that top line like they are doing with Coyle there is no doubt in my mind he would outproduce Coyle.

And thats not saying I don't like Coyle its just he is being given that top line on a silver platter...

Play Granlund at wing on a scoring line with bigger players who can shoot the puck and watch him thrive..thats all I'm saying.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote