View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Icy, I don't really believe that's true. I think that rumor the yesterday about Despres being scratched for the game in favour of Despres was to send a message to the youngster. In other words, it was kinda somewhere in between getting benched (as he did for most of the 2nd half of the game against WSH) and being an outright scratch and sitting in the pressbox.

Coaches will try to light fires under arses in different ways. Maybe they thought benching Despres may have been too harsh and wanted to give him another chance, hence the rumor of him being scratched instead. But I don't think the organization or Bylsma would ever want to hae Lovejoy play signficant minutes and successive games. If Despres has another bad game and they wanted to scratch him to send a message, it would be cool if they brought up Dumoulin for a game or two instead of putting in Lovejoy

Jaded, your posts usually make great sense and provide words of wisdom and insight. But you have completely lost me here with any kind of Bennett/Boychuk comparision, in any sense of the term. Even if I think about it hard, I cannot come up with any similarities.

Think about it. Boychuk was an even higher draft pick only . . . was it 4 years ago? Already 70 games at the nhl level. Shows the skill to be an nhl player. How is he less of a prospect than Bennett? I am not comparing the two other than level of prospect. I thought the comparison useful in how silly a notion it would be to waive him in a week or two. That was all that I was saying. He gives us another Bennett level forward prospect basically for free.