Old
02-06-2013, 08:52 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I feel like you're missing the entire point of the "winning at all costs" discussion. Nobody is saying winning isn't an important mindset for the young players to get into. The win at all costs now mindset becomes a problem when you have young players who make mistakes that hurt your chances of winning on a given night; they have to be given the chance to make mistakes at the NHL level, soak in what they did wrong, and monitor how often they keep making them.

I'd rather miss the playoffs for another three straight years if it meant 4-7 years from now we have a solid squad ready to compete for a Cup, not an 8th seed playoff spot. I'm in this for the long haul; if they are playing deep into the playoffs in a handful of years and are a legitimate powerhouse team, I'll sacrifice bandaid success now.
maybe, but what i'm saying that if you want the youth to play though the mistakes, then you have to get rid of the vets, and that's on the GM. as it is, i don't think you have to let every young player continue to play through every mistake. gully HAS been playing the youth. a lot.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote