Old
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Bad game, but they were still working hard. A few thoughts;

* Moving Eller to the kid line with one shift left was stupid. Should have been done mid-way through the third.

* I don't know what Moen and Colby are bringing to the team right now. They seem useless, and I like Moen.

* Cole is so streaky. He seems interested one shift, then the next shift just glides around. His effort this season has been worse than Kovalev. No joke.

* We need to stop dumping and chasing so much. We are losing so much puck possession because we can't get it back. We need to carry the puck sometimes. Switch it up.
I disagree on the dump and chase thing. The Habs won a lot of puck battles tonight and were able to maintain the pressure quite often. In the end, it has worked so far for the Canadiens, and it worked tonight as well. They did lose, but they were still the better team on the ice for most of the game. Why change things up?

I was all for giving Armstrong a chance, but that hit tonight was his first real contribution to the team this season. Please bring White back in next game! He has way more offensive awareness and is grittier.