View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
TheDevilMadeMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I don't really want to be a party to this process at the end here, as I'm a tiny bit unsure as to what purpose it serves being in individual threads like this (not being snarky, just being honest).
I'll just quote FissionFire from 2008:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
The transparency of all the voting phases was one of the most important aspects of the project. I've been very up-front the entire time I felt in stating that at the end of the project all the lists and votes would be made public. Back in the planning phases (was that really 7 months ago?) there was no objection to this and in fact most felt it was an outstanding idea which would help lend even more credibility to the list and further remove any questions of a tainted process or favoritism by Hockey Outsider or myself in compiling every phase of the process. While I don't think anyone who has followed most or all of this project would think anything of that sort occured, it's very possible that others viewing this list later may have that opinion. In many ways, by making everything completely open to the public, this helps make the list a primary-source document which skeptics and independently verify through their own investigation. Who knows, maybe in 10-15 years we'll have people looking back on this list and using it as a reference source much the same we've used the THN list ourselves.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...58&postcount=9

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote