View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 09:50 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

vCash: 500
To answer your question shortly, no, as you don't seem to openly claim and pretend to be a fan of that team. So far, Bayern just displayed their talent to you and you enjoyed it. But you aren't claiming to be a Bayern Munich fan, pretending to know everything. Thats what a bandwagoner is in my eyes

As for the longer explination;

To cheer for Bayern is not considered as a bandwagon. To cheer for City might get you a couple of weird looks here and there, considering their recent success in the PL. A lot of people might generalize it, and suppose you are one of those who jumped on the bandwagon after they won the title.

Personally, I believe that if you don't want to be regarded as a bandwagon fan, learning about the Club is a good way to dissipate all doubts. Show that you are a fan of the Club, the crest on the jersey, and not just the current team. But thats my personal point of view. I don't know if most people will agree with me on this, but its how I view it. Its just something I tend to do on a personal basis. I watch hours of video about Arsenal to continuously inform myself. I read about the Club's history, and cheer for the The Arsenal.

One thing that everyone on this thread/board will agree on is; just watch a lot of games. Make a shortlist of teams you think you may enjoy, and just watch them whenever you have a chance to. Unconsciously, you will slowly start shifting towards one team, and before you know it, they will become the club you are attached to.

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote