View Single Post
Old
07-04-2006, 04:49 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
actually for pretty much the entire 2nd half, or at the very least the last 1/3rd of the season, the Sedin line saw the oppositions top checkers every game, not the Naslund line.

although, I agree with those that have said it was the Sedins carrying that line, not Carter... I wouldn't be surprised if we could have gotten several other players in that role that could have put up similar point totals.

having said that, Carter did his job last year... he wasn't hurt, and there really wasn't a whole lot to complain about with him... he wasn't playing soft, or defensively irresponsible... he wasnt' streaky, or disinterested out there. He did his job all season long. Although playing with the Sedins, that couldn't be hard... everytime they're on the ice, they are usually controlling the puck in the offensive zone, so there isn't much defensive worry with that line... and if it's in the defensive zone, it's usually Henrik or Daniel that are on top of the play and get the puck out quickly.

All Carter had to do last season was worry about positioning... be in the right place at the right time... and he did an excellent job with that... still that's not worth $3+mill. Apparently the canucks are $1mill off of his demand right now, so I'm guessing that Nonis has offered him $2-2.5mill overall, and Carter wants $3-3.5mill, and on a long term deal. Good luck to him elsewhere if he wants that... he's a good player in the right situation, but $$ like that, you need more.
good post I must say!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote