View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Probs cuz Todd's system is "Thornton you stand at the boards, Boyle you chill at the point and yeah someone try to open and we'll see what happens!".
McLellan has a ton of faults as a coach, but the power play isn't one of them. It's stagnant right now because some players don't want to move. Whether it's sickness, rust, or something else entirely, it'll likely be better after the short break we have this week.

The main issue I have against McLellan is his insistence on dressing or icing the "veteran" player over the players who deserve the spot, i.e. Handzus over any other forward, Murray over Demers, and Clowe getting PP time and extended shifts when he's playing poorly. We saw this last year with White and the year before with Wallin. It's just idiotic and counterproductive. I'd much rather scratch a player and have him evaluate his game from the press box. Send him a message that his poor play is intolerable and that everyone on the team is accountable regardless of his seniority. Instead TMac waits for a struggling player to "play out of the slump" while another skater, who is probably dying to play, gets to sit and watch for no controllable reason.

Chubbs is online now   Reply With Quote