View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:32 PM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
14-6-6 last year, top 30 in GAA and Save % for goalies who played min 20 games last year. He's a good backup at the NHL level. Refusing to give him credit hurts your argument. That's how you gain credibility on topics. The guy gave up two goals in regulation and you create a thread saying Clemmer needs to be demoted. That's crazy.
you might think all this hurts my argument, but it's actually your inability to read or comprehend simple points.

i said it countless times, clemmensen is a serviceable backup. he is, because theres several goalies out there that are worse than he is.

that does not make him a good goalie.

markstrom has the ability to be an elite starter, to steal games. something scott clemmensen cannot offer, never has and never will. and something theodore is not offering ATM, either.

an potentially elite talent makes this team better than a servicable backup. markstrom may have his ups and downs, but on his worst nights he'll be what Clemmensen is. servicable. if he plays well, he can steal games. in other words - we'd be a better team overall.

not that difficult to understand.

Quote:
Markstrom was also coming back from a knee injury. If they were so high on him they wouldn't have signed Clemmer to an extension. The plan, is clear. Markstrom gets some action at some point this season, starting job is his to lose next season. Let him get the kinks out, work on his play in the AHL. Apparently management and scouts who see him a lot more than you or I clearly disagree with you.
i don't disagree with their plan from this offseason. going into the season with markstrom and theodore as the NHL tandem would have been very risky considering the knee injury markstrom was coming off of.

but that's old news. he's proven he's healthy. clemmensen is no longer needed. trade him, or send him down (SA would need a goalie, unless Houser is ready...), but markstrom makes this team better.

a good GM adapts to the situation at hand. he made the right call bringing in clemmensen for insurance. that insurance isn't needed. move him, and improve your team.

Quote:
It's not better. We could have Henrik and Quick in net and we'd still lose games because this is a TEAM game and our forwards and D haven't been doing their jobs. AGAIN, goaltending is not a problem. Unless Markstrom can score goals 5 on 5 he's not needed at this point.
you do realize just because you keep saying this over and over doesn't make it true, right?

the first 6 games i'd agree with you. our team in front of the goalies was abysmal and we wouldn't win with Patrick Roy in net. but the last 3, the team has played very well. but the goaltending has sprung a leak.

we got away with it against winnipeg and buffalo, but pissed away a point because of it last night. it is a problem, a problem that has only cost us one point thus far, but nipping it in the bud before it costs us even more would be the pro-active thing to do.

Quote:
If there's one thing I do here, it's not go with the norm/conventional thinking. I had Drew Shore penciled in as our #2 center. Check the line thread.
oh, you mean how i said Drew Shore was our second best player after Fleishmann after i saw him play 2 games?

or how i called Tyson Strachan our second best defensman a few games ago?

insinuating that i go with conventional thinking is laughable.

everything you're spewing about goalies needing more time to develop and this other garbage is conventional thinking. just because you penciled in drew shore as a #2 center doesn't negate the fact that you're spewing conventional thinking.

Quote:
You still haven't responded to MarkstromRules's comment.

People are split on this issue. Fact remains, you created a thread calling for Clemmer's demotion after he gave up two goals in regulation. This isn't the time. Simple as that. That's not how you manage personnel.
demoting him may have been harsh, he's an nhl player. but the reason for the post was to show that Markstrom should be in the NHL right now, and he should be taking Clemmensen's spot. Trade him. if you can't, send him down to play in SA and see if he plays well. maybe some desperate team would bite. if not, you buy him out. that's what i'm proposing, and it was pretty obvious, so responding to MR's wasn't entirely necessary.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote