View Single Post
Old
02-06-2013, 11:44 PM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
Just wanted to address this really quickly. I have watched every home game live and about half the road games on AHL Live. This team isn't anything even close to a "disaster". They are very good defensively and have a top 4 PK. Their #1 shortcoming, IMO, is their complete lack of a power play. With even a league average offense, they would be right in the 4-8 seed playoff picture.

They have had a bunch of injuries and play in the toughest division in the AHL (maybe not post lockout, but pre-lockout it wasn't even close).

The team definitely has shortcomings, but calling them a disaster is hyperbole.
i respect your opinion. you've seen them play much more than i have (only 2-3 times). but this is not the picture Dan Weiss portrays on twitter.

he's said on various, various occasions that Markstrom has stolen games for the Rampage and insinuated several times that Markstrom is an unworldly talent, and playing up to that talent on a consistent basis. calling the team in front of them a "disaster" may have been over the top, but it was just to portray the message that he's stealing games and has the ability to do the same here.

Last edited by flapanthersfan: 02-06-2013 at 11:51 PM.
flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote